Discover the 7 NewSpace finalists of Mastermind Competition
As part of a new edition of ICT Spring (September 14th and 15th), the renowned global tech conference organized since 2010, Mastermind Summit will take place on September 15th at the European Conference Center Luxembourg. This event - dedicated to the startup ecosystem - aims to promote and spread best practices, foster emulation between entrepreneurs and VCs and offer recognition to the best international startups of the ecosystem. Mastermind Summit is composed of a 1-day conference and a startup competition (Mastermind Competition) where three key categories are represented: FinTech, DeepTech and NewSpace.
During the Mastermind Summit the 7 finalists of each Mastermind Competition category (FinTech, DeepTech and NewSpace) will be invited to pitch their project on stage. During the pitching sessions, the finalists will be granted 5 minutes to present their startup and attempt to convince the members of the Jury. Every pitch will be followed by 2 minutes of Q&A conducted by the Jury.
The winner of each category will be announced during the Mastermind Competition Ceremony at 6:15 PM next September 15th.
With a large number of applications, Mastermind Competition has stirred interest from innovative startups worldwide.
In the NewSpace category, seven startups have been selected to participate in the final :
– Zephalto (France): Zephalto takes men to the gates of space without carbon footprint. Zephalto is developing stratospheric balloons that fly at an altitude of 25 km for industrial applications from 2021 (communication, acquisition, tests in conditions close to space) and travel with passengers from 2024.
– NeutronStar Systems UG (Germany): NeutronStar Systems UG is developing a groundbreaking electric propulsion system with the potential to disrupt the space industry. Its technology has already been recognized by market leaders and its scalable business model is setting the trend for industry standards.
– ClearSpace SA (Switzerland): ClearSpace SA is the tow truck service for sustainable Space. ClearSpace develops in-orbit service missions to enable a vibrant, resilient, and sustainable space industry. In 2019, ClearSpace was selected by the European Space Agency to lead the first mission to remove debris from orbit by 2025.
– Pale Blue (Japan): Pale Blue aims to ensure sustainable space development around and beyond the Earth by water-based propulsion technologies. Pale Blue was founded in 2020 by researchers at The University of Tokyo who wanted to prove that science and technology maximize human well-being, and to drive small-satellite business by using water propulsion technologies.
– Mission Space (Latvia): With its own nano, pico, and femto satellite constellations built and launched, Mission Space offers custom sensors for advanced space weather monitoring. They deliver a global predictive space weather system designed to be used as a decision support tool to detect and prevent space weather radiation risks.
– Rogue Space Systems Corporation (USA): Rogue designs satellite vehicles and subsystems to provide on-orbit services to satellite operators both now and well into the future. Building from there, Rogue looks to provide a vital role in setting the standard for these services in support of the New Space Economy.
– Obruta Space Solutions (Canada): Obruta Space Solutions is an orbital services provider equipping satellites for on-orbit servicing and delivering in-space refuelling, manoeuvrability, and hardware upgrade services to expand the operational life of satellites by decades at a time — exponentially increasing their value.
Attend Mastermind Summit to follow 1-day of conference and discover the winners of Mastermind Competition.
More info and registration HERE.