Gérard Hoffmann has been Chairman & Managing Director of Telindus S.A., Belgacom’s Enterprise Business Unit in Luxembourg, since 2002. In this role he also represents Luxembourg within Belgacom’s International Management Team.
Before joining Telindus, he held several management positions within the Arbed Group, today ArcelorMittal.
Furthermore, he has been involved for many years in the following professional associations:
– FEDIL-Luxembourg Business Federation (member of the Board of Directors)
– Fedil-ICT asbl (Chairman),
– EuroCloud Luxembourg (member of the Board of Directors),
– Association des PSF de Support (member of the Board of Directors),
– Groupement Luxembourgeois de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (Deputy chairman of the Board of Directors)
– and more recently, ICTLuxembourg asbl (Chairman)
Since July 15, 2014, he is the first Chairman of the new not-for-profit platform ICTLuxembourg which includes the six major associations in the ICT sector (APSI, IDF Eurocloud, APSFS, ABBL and FEDIL-ICT association).
He is also a member of the Board of Governors of the University of Luxembourg.
In 1997, he was the co-author of the book: “Europe 2012: Globalisation and social cohesion? The Luxembourg scenarios”, a study on the future of Luxembourg published by Economica, Paris.
Gérard Hoffmann holds an Diploma in Electrical Engineering from ETH Zurich, a lic.oec. in Business from Uni St. Gallen (HSG) and an PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.